IngredientsMakes 4 sliders
- 1 salmon fillet, skinless & boneless, approximately 2” x 8”
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 4 slider poppy seed buns
- 16 leaves arugula
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 slices heirloom tomato
- 4 slices cucumber
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- Preheat a griddler or other grill on medium high.
- Cut the salmon fillet into 4 equal pieces, approximately the same size as the slider buns. Season the salmon fillets on both sides with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil.
- Place salmon on hot grill and cook until done.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustards, and chopped dill.
- To assemble, spread 1 tablespoon of mustard sauce on each bottom bun.
- Top each bun with arugula, red onion, tomato, salmon fillet, cucumber, 1 oz of smoked salmon, and remaining dill. Top with bun and secure with a toothpick. Serve with remaining mustard sauce.
- Purchase a salmon filet that has uniform thickness. When you slice the salmon fillet into 4 even pieces, slice diagonally to preserve the texture of the salmon.
- Remove outer rings of the red onion slices until they fit the size of the slider buns
- Any lettuce can be used for these sliders, but the bite of arugula will really stand out.
- It is fun to have all of your ingredients ready in an assembly line, and have a friend help to assemble these burgers when you are ready to serve your guests.