Mixed Green Salad with Pear, Almonds, and Cheese-Filled Baked Potato
2 red potatoes
2 tablespoons epoise cheese, rind removed
¼ teaspoon cumin seed
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
¼ cup rice vinegar
½ cup olive oil
½ cup endive, cut into thin strips
½ cup pear, cut into thin strips
½ cup raddichio, cut into thin strips
2 cups frisee
¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
2 tablespoons chives, cut into 1” pieces
- Slice the base off of the potatoes so that they stand alone, then slice another small “lid” off of the top of the potatoes, reserving the lids. With a melon baller, carefully scoop out the flesh of the potatoes, leaving a ¼” border all the way around. Keep the potatoes in a bowl of water until you are ready to cook them.
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil and add potatoes. Cook 6-7 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Plunge cooked potatoes in a bowl of ice water to prevent overcooking.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove potatoes from water, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Fill cavities with cheese and sprinkle cumin seed on top.
- Place potatoes and potato lids on a lightly greased baking dish, and bake in preheated oven 12-14 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Make the dressing by whisking together mustard, vinegar, and oil until emulsified. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine endive, pear, radicchio, frisee, and almonds. Toss with dressing to coat.