Makes 2 Stacks
1 ½ teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
1 tablespoon walnut oil
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Juice of 2 limes
1 cup large lump crab meat
2 avocados, peeled
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 large heirloom tomato, peeled, seeded, diced finely
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, vinegar, walnut oil, and olive oil until dressing is emulsified. Season with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of the dressing over the crab meat.
- In a food processor, pulse the avocado and lemon juice until smooth.
- Using a cookie cutter, spoon about ¼ cup of avocado cream as a base, making a well in the center for the crab.
- Place crab meat inside of the avocado, and spread another tablespoon of avocado cream on top to seal in the crab.
- Spread half of the tomatoes on top of the avocado, and remove the cookie cutter gently.
- Repeat for second stack, and garnish with remaining crab meat and remaining dressing.
- If you don’t have a cookie cutter, or would like to many molds, you can have PVC pipe from the hardware store cut to order.
- You don’t need to grease the molds, as the fat in the avocado will prevent it from sticking.