Buffalo Surf and Turf Slider
Makes 4 Sliders
½ pound ground buffalo
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 2”x2” pieces pineapple
2 King crab legs, shells removed
7 basil leaves
1 cup mayonnaise
¼ teaspoon salt
4 slider buns, toasted
4 slices tomato
- Shape the buffalo meat into four 2-ounce patties and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Season slider patties with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper and brush with olive oil on both sides. Place on griddle or other grill over medium high heat, and cook for 5 minutes each side, or until done.
- Remove patties from grill and let rest at least 5 minutes.
- Brush the pineapple slices with olive oil and place on grill, about 3-4 minutes.
- Slice some of the crab meat into four 2” pieces. Chop remaining crab finely.
- Finely chop 3 of the basil leaves
- In a small mixing bowl combine chopped crab, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- To assemble the burgers, generously spread mayonnaise mixture on each bun and top with tomato, burger patty, grilled pineapple. Place a basil leaf on top the pineapple, and a 2” piece of crab on top of that. Top with bun and serve with remaining mayonnaise mixture.