IngredientsServes 12-15 Guests
- 6 lbs. Ripe melon, like Cantaloupe or small Cavaillon
- 5 each lemon, freshly squeezed
- 2 cups Sauternes or Late Harvest Wine or White Port Wine
- 30 each fresh mint leaves
- 30 each fresh basil leaves
- 1 ½ cups virgin olive oil
- 3 oz. Pop rock watermelon flavor
- 8 oz. Smoked duck breast or Prosciutto Ham
- 15 each slices Ciabatta bread 1”x 15” long, ¼ inch thick
Cut melon in half. Using a spoon, remove all the seeds; transfer them in small sieve. Squeeze out all the juice. Set the juice aside and discard the seeds. Peel the melons, then cut into small chunks. Place it in a blender; add the melon juice, fresh lime juice, Sauternes, mint, basil and olive oil. Blend until very smooth. Refrigerate the gazpacho.
Cut the smoked duck breast or prosciutto very thinly. Toast the Ciabatta croutons. Let the croutons cool off, then top them with the slices of duck or prosciutto and display them attractively on a platter.
Pour the gazpacho in shot glasses, add a drizzle of olive oil and garnish with a small basil tip.
Serve the duck or prosciutto croutons and at the last moment sprinkle each shooter with a few pop rocks. Serve immediately.