IngredientsYields: 4 servings
- 2 cups tofu, ½ inch dice
- 12 oz. rib-eye steak, sliced very thin
- 1 cup enoki mushrooms
- 1 shiitake mushroom, stem removed, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Chinese cabbage, sliced thin
- 4 green onions, ends and green removed
- ½ cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 quart beef broth
Shabu-shabu, which is similar to fondue, originated in Japan and has become quite popular in California. Diners sit in front of a simmering pot of fragrant beef broth and cook their own food, choosing from an assortment of raw ingredients that typically include tofu, steak, mushrooms and Chinese cabbage.
Heat beef broth to a simmer and pour into serving bowl.
Place sliced shitake mushrooms into broth and stir.
Lay all of the vegetable and meat ingredients out on platters around your hot broth.
To serve, spear mixture of vegetables and meat onto skewers and cook 1 to 3 minutes or until done.