Ingredients1 Tarte Tati
- ¼ cup butter, cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup sugar
- 12 Fuji apples, peeled, cored, cut into thirds
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the small pieces of butter all over the bottom of your Tarte Tatin baking dish. Sprinkle sugar evenly over butter.
- Standing the apple pieces up on their ends, and placing them close together, fill the pie pan with apples.
- Place the pan over medium to medium high heat on your stovetop, and let cook for about 10 minutes, or until you see a light caramel begin to bubble up between the apples.
- Place the pie in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Roll out puff pastry, and cut to the size of the Tarte Tatin lid. Remove the pie from the oven, and carefully lay the puff pastry over it. Using a fork, poke holes all over the crust, and return to the oven for another 15-20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Let the pie rest for at least 20 minutes before inverting.
- When ready, place the lid over the pie, and carefully but quickly, flip it over. Remove the Pan carefully to reveal your Tarte Tatin.
- Do not soak your apples in water or lemon juice, because they will become to moist. It is okay for them be a little brown.